In my recent adventures in photography I have learned about a cool style called Lomography. Lomographic photos are characterized by weird, overly saturated colors, blurriness, exposure problems, and sometimes faded black edges (it’s cooler than it sounds). More than just a style, lomo is actually a brand of camera, with various models throughout the years. The part I find most interesting are the lomo rules:
- Take your LOMO everywhere you go and whenever you go.
- Use it any time – day or night.
- Lomography is not an interference in your life, but a part of it.
- Shoot from the hip.
- Approach the objects of your lomographic desire as close as possible.
- Don’t think.
- Be fast.
- You don’t have to know beforehand what you’ve captured on film.
- You don’t have to know afterwards, either.
- Don’t worry about the rules.
- The Lost Room.Sci-Fi Channel has a brand new mini-series they began airing yesterday called The Lost Room....
- Inova XO3.If you’re going to keep a flashlight around, why not use one of the best?...
- Exactitudes.Exactitudes is a fascinating photographic documentation of how different social groups look and dress –...
- MoCo Ambient.If you’re half as much into design as I am, you’ll love MoCo Ambient, a...
- War bowl.Greener Grass Design is a company that collects interesting and beautiful products for the home...