Function Drinks are the brainchild of Dr. Alex Hughes, an orthopedic surgeon at UCLA Medical. He combined his studies in engineering and medicine to develop a line of drinks with health benefits. There were certain substances that he saw being used by physicians to treat patients, and he figured that he could make a drink that brought these substances and their benefits directly to consumers.
The Function line currently consists of 8 different types and 10 different flavors:
Youth Trip: containing antioxidants to help protect your skin from harmful UV damage from the inside out
Urban Detox: Helps fight hangovers and rids your lungs and sinuses of the harmful effects of pollution
Shock Sports: Sports recovery drink with anti-inflammatory power to ease sore muscles and joints after a workout
Alternative Energy: Naturally based energy drink
Vacation: Helps elevate mood and concentration and aids relaxation.
House Call: Contains macronutrients that help strengthen your immune system and speed recovery if you do get sick.
Light Weight (comes in 3 flavors, Dragonfruit, Pink Grapfruit and Acai Pomegranate) and helps to block carbs and burn fat and calories.
and my favorite: Brainiac: helps boost memory and mental acuity.
Each of these drinks is all-natural and sweetened with evaporated cane juice, except for the Light Weight drinks, which are sweetened with Splenda. In my experience (and I’ve tried all of these), the best tasting ones are Brainiac, Vacation, & Urban Detox. Some of them taste more medicinal than others (Alternative Energy and House Call, in particular), but those are probably the best for you… you know how that goes.
Function drinks can be purchased both on and offline… online, you can buy a case of 24 for $36, which works out to $1.50 each… offline, your best bet is to look for them at the nearest Whole Foods, but they can also be purchased at Hows Markets, Famima stores and Equinox Gyms. Definitely check them out!
- dwink.The dwink box holder, so named because of the the way that children pronounce the...
- Ice is irrelevant.How cool is this glass? I’m not a fan of ice at all… in fact...
- Sonos ZP80: The Review.A few months back, Sonos released the ZP80, the natural successor to their ZP100 system...
- Parrot MINIKIT: The Review.Parrot is a company that’s been in the business of making great Bluetooth accessories, voice...
- Steelcase Think : The Review.If you’re like me and your job requires you to sit at a desk all...